Research Nurse, Midwife and Allied Health Professional posts are:
- Unestablished research posts.
- The contract can be for any length of time.
- Post are usually funded by a research grant.
- Must hold an Honorary Research Contract with the relevant NHS Trust/body.
- Research Nurses must hold professional registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) for the duration of the appointment
- • AHPs must hold professional registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) for the duration of the appointment
Research Nurses and Midwives
These are unestablished research roles and are appointed at the following levels:
- Research Nurse or Research Midwife (Grade 7).
- Senior Research Nurse or Senior Research Midwife (Grade 8).
- Principal Research Nurse or Principal Research Midwife (Grade 9).
Allied Health Professionals
The School of Clinical Medicine appoints to the following unestablished Allied Health Professional roles:
- Occupational Therapists
Clinical Psychologist roles within the School of Clinical Medicine may be Established or Unestablished depending on the substantive role of the Clinical Psychologist. The Academic title will be used with the clinical title in brackets eg. University Lecturer (Senior Clinical Psychologist). An Honorary Research Contract must be held with the relevant NHS Trust/Body.
They can be appointed at the following levels:
- Junior Clinical Psychologist.
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist.
- Senior Clinical Psychologist.
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist.