The Clinical School HR Team arrange a number of different events and training sessions throughout the year. These may be focussed on various topics including Wellbeing, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Respect at Work as well as training events such as Management Essentials and Recruitment Essentials. This page will be updated regularly with new events so check back here on a regular basis.
- This event has passed.
Mental Health Awareness Training for Line Managers 1-day Course
January 27 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
The course aims to promote an understanding of mental health and ill health in a workplace setting and equip managers with increased awareness and confidence to recognise and manage signs of stress and mental health ill health. We cover risk and protective factors, stress, signs and symptoms of common mental health problems and psychosis. The course sets this in a workplace context considering opportunities to increase support and examine workplace culture and good practice.
CONTENT / TOPICS
- What is mental health?
- Risk and protective factors
- Recognising stress and overload
- Stigma and discrimination
- Common mental health problems (anxiety disorders and depression)
- Increase awareness of suicide risk and appropriate support
- Understanding psychosis and recovery
- Mental health in the workplace
- Managerial drivers and responsibilities
- Offering support and signposting to available professional help
- Self-help and self-care
- To gain an understanding of mental health and mental ill health
- Be able to identify personal and organisational risk and protective factors particularly in a workplace
- To understand the effects/impact of stress
- To increase awareness of signs and symptoms and diagnosis of common mental health conditions & psychosis
- To increase awareness of suicide risk and confidence in responding
- Gain awareness of self-help, professional help & services
- Increase confidence to open conversations and offer a supportive response
- Gain awareness of the HSE standards, DDA and Equality
- Act regarding mental health at work and good practice
- Understand the importance of prevention and caring for our own mental health.
Please note this session is for Clinical School staff only, who have line management responsibilties. It will be face-to-face in the Clinical School building with 16 spaces available. If you book and find you are unavailable to attend, please email email@example.com to cancel your place so we can ensure it is filled.
Please be aware the course covers some topics of a sensitive nature. Anyone who is currently experiencing mental health or emotional difficulties may wish to consider attending at a later date.
This session will be run by an external provider: http://www.getmentalhealth.co.uk/