Organising technology in advance ensures that the new joiner has everything in place for day 1. Most departments in the Clinical School are supported by the Clinical School Computing Service (CSCS) for technology requirements. Check with your Departmental Administrator if you are unsure who your IT provider is.
There are a number of things to consider when planning technology:
- Plan 4-6 weeks prior to the new joiner starting.
- Determine what computer hardware (computer, keyboard, mouse, screen) and software are required and contact CSCS or your IT provider to arrange. Think about whether there is any department or team specific software they will need.
- Request a new user account. For CSCS supported departments, this can be requested here. If new to the University, CSCS will also request a University account (e.g. Raven) on their behalf.
- CSCS User account details for the new joiner will be emailed to the individual who requested the account. They need to safely share these with the new joiner.
- Additional information and Raven collection instructions will be emailed to the user’s Medschl mailbox, waiting for them to collect.