Creating a welcoming experience for all new joiners greatly improves the induction process. One of the ways we encourage this to happen is through a Welcome Desk.
Planning a welcome desk in advance ready for the new joiner’s first day enables them to see that the team has made an effort to think about their arrival, and gathered things they may find useful in their first few days.
Be as creative as you like – you may wish to adapt the following:
- Welcome Pack containing all essential information including their role description, probation information and other key departmental/University policies and procedures
- Pens/Notebook and any other stationery
- Their computer and telephone set up with their name on the telephone already
- A welcome card or note
The following can be collected from the Clinical School HR Team
- School of Clinical Medicine Water Bottle
- School of Clinical Medicine Bag
- School of Clinical Medicine Keep Cup
- School of Clinical Medicine Pen
- School of Clinical Medicine Lanyard
You may want to consider including some tea & coffee or a plant – anything you deem appropriate to make the new starter feel as welcome and comfortable as possible – we want to make them feel special.