Spending time writing a good quality advert will help to attract the right candidates for your vacancy. Take some time to think about:
- What is unique about your role.
- What potential applicants may find interesting about your department.
- What work your department is currently involved in that you would like to promote.
- What opportunities the role may present.
- What the team is like.
- Use objective language.
- Think about what candidates want to know.
- Put the most important facts and benefits first.
- Sell the opportunity and encourage the candidate to apply.
- Be creative.
- Make sure the advert is not just a repeat of the job description.
- Make it engaging.
If you are looking to advertise in additional media other than the standard media such as Cambridge University Job Opportunities, Jobs.ac.uk, Find a Job and Twitter, speak to your usual contact in the HR Staff Hub Team who can advise on other media and costs.
The Clinical School have a number of pre-paid job slots available to advertise on LinkedIn which can help reach a wider pool of applicants at no additional costs to departments. Advertising on social media also allows the teams responsible for recruiting to easily share with their networks and contacts. If you are interested in advertising your vacancy on LinkedIn, contact the HR Staff Hub for information on timescales and availability.