Enabling existing staff to undertake an apprenticeship allows you to:
- develop and retain talent, especially where recruitment is difficult in increasingly competitive markets
- support the development of new skills for both new and existing staff and help you with staff succession planning
- contribute to a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce, and increase productivity through training and development opportunities (which includes apprenticeships)
- the Levy enables the University to increase training opportunities for staff without increased costs, and at the same time, raise the qualifications profile of staff
- have the potential to improve staff perceptions of career development and progression, where scores from staff surveys can be low
- have better talent management and retention which reduces recruitment costs, reduces unnecessary turnover and retains expertise in the University
An existing staff member wishing to undertake an apprenticeship must have a contract length long enough to enable completion of the apprenticeship.
Your HR Staff Hub Co-ordinator from the Clinical School HR Team will support and guide your throughout the recruitment process, from initial discussions to induction and enrolment.
Contact them, or your departments HR representative to discuss further.