All departmental interviews are the responsibility of the department, and the departmental selection process is below:
- The establishment of a departmental selection committee should be done at the point of advertising – panel members are chosen by the Department and should notify firstname.lastname@example.org. The panel should be gender balanced and if it is not, a better gender split will be requested.
- For the departmental selection committee, the panel must consist of a minimum of 5 people but a maximum of 8 people, including the secretary and ensuring a good gender balance. One panel member should be external to the Department (but not necessarily external to the School), but in a cognate area.
- The departmental selection committee should include the departmental Business & Operations manager or nominated Deputy as Secretary.
- All members of the departmental selection committee to have undertaken either University or NHS relevant Recruitment, Implicit Bias and E&D training within the last three years (confirmation of this from the department is needed when the panel member details are provided).
The Department should also:
- confirm the departmental interview date to the panel members
- invite the candidates, including the instruction to bring right to work and detailing any presentations that are required (the HR Staff Hub Team will request references)
- circulate the interview packs for the panel, including the shortlisting criteria and scoring sheets
- ensure the panel is briefed on the order of events and are comfortable with the process (see HR Interview Checklist)
- housekeeping (ensure IT equipment is set up, refreshments for the panel and the interviewee(s) etc.)
- ensure that the HR Staff Hub Team is kept up to date with the interview arrangements and outcomes
- HR Staff Hub Team will send unsuccessful emails.
Following the departmental interview, the formal interview will be with the Faculty of Clinical Medicine Selection Committee and it is usual that the date is confirmed at departmental interview stage. If this is the case, the candidate should be informed of the date for the formal interview.
The Medical Staffing Coordinator will invite the preferred candidate to attend a formal interview and send all corresponding papers to the Selection Committee members.
For any questions, contact email@example.com.